Your First Visit
Please arrive about 10 minutes early so that you have plenty of time to fill out a New Patient form.
An initial dental examination is an important step in maintaining good oral health. During this appointment, your dentist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health. This will usually include the following steps:
- Review of Medical and Dental History: Your dentist will ask you about your medical history, including any medications you may be taking and any dental issues you have had in the past.
- Oral Exam: Your dentist will examine your mouth, teeth, gums, tongue, and throat for any signs of decay, infection, or other problems. They will check for any signs of gum disease, such as redness, swelling, or bleeding gums.
- Bite and Jaw Exam: Your dentist will check your bite, which is the way your upper and lower teeth come together, and examine your jaw for any signs of pain or discomfort.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Your dentist will check for any signs of oral cancer, such as sores, lumps, or discoloration in your mouth.
- X-rays: Depending on your dental history, your dentist may also take X-rays of your teeth and jaw. These X-rays can help identify any issues that may not be visible during the oral exam.
Based on your dental examination and your dental history, your dentist will create a treatment plan. A dental treatment plan is a comprehensive plan that outlines the recommended steps to address your specific dental needs and goals.
The plan may include preventative, restorative, and cosmetic procedures and will typically include a list of procedures, estimated cost, duration of the treatment, and expected outcome.
Your dentist will discuss your treatment plan with you prior to starting any procedures and will ensure that questions or concerns are addressed before proceeding with the treatment.
It's important to keep in mind that the treatment plan is a living document and may be updated or modified as your dental needs change over time, regular checkups are essential to monitor the progress of your individual treatment.
Support for Anxious Patients
Anxiety or fear around dental appointments is common and can prevent people from getting the dental care they need. Our team incorporates a variety of practices to help you relax during your appointments. This includes dental sedation options designed to ease the dental experience.
Insurance & Payment
At LightHouse Dental Kingston, we'll help you navigate our options for payment and insurance claims so you can focus on achieving your dental goals.
We can direct bill your insurance company and our administrative team is happy to assist you in understanding your insurance plan better.
The full treatment cost must be paid at the time of your appointment. We accept payment by debit or most major credit cards.
*IMPORTANT: Any form submitted by email must be encrypted, to ensure it is secure. By submitting an unencrypted email form, you are consenting to an unsecured email. Alternatively, please print off the form, complete it, and bring it to our office.
If you have never visited our Kingston dentists before you are bound to have questions.
Please take a few moments to read through the answers to our patients' most frequently asked questions to learn more about what to expect at LightHouse Dental Kingston.
What features does your clinic offer?
Our clinic offers several features, including:
- Convenient Locations & Hours
- Free On-site Parking
- Quick Check-up Appointments
- Multiple Appointment Bookings for Families
- Short Wait Times
- How can I book an appointment?
- How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Do you offer appointment reminders?
A few days before your appointment, you will receive automated phone, text or email appointment reminders from us. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call us as soon as possible to let us know.
Do you provide services in any languages other than English?
Currently, our office is only able to provide service in English.
If you have any language restrictions, please advise us when booking your appointment and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Does your clinic have on-site parking?
Yes, we have free on-site parking available for all our patients. We are also easily accessible by public transit.